CIVIC TOWER
#05

CIVIC TOWER

San Ginesio [MC]
ing. Giorgio Bellesi
2009
The Torre Civica (Civic Tower), adjacent to the ancient Collegiate Church of the SS. Annunziata of the Archdiocese of Camerino (1098), stands in the historical center, right in the middle of the castle walls. Once forming a single body with Palazzo Defensorale (now the G. Leopardi theatre) is of Romanesque style and was rebuilt in the 17th century. The structure has a square base with a bulb-shaped cusp.The recent restoration and consolidation works, completed in 2009, have restored dignity and elegance to the tower.